Image Credit: Martin Balestrini for the Catalonia in Venice - air/aria/aire project
This content was created by FabLab Barcelona, in the context of the CLAB project - INNOVACIÓN EN PROCESOS DE FABRICACIÓN CIRCULAR Y ABIERTA PARA ENTORNOS EDUCATIVOS, funded by Aid program to support innovative business groups from the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism. Call 2022
Here you have a compilation of step by step tutorials on how to use some more extra features of the kit, or to make simple data analysis with Orange.
Configuring the SCK¶
For these tutorials make sure you check how to use the Shell
Check here how to debug the SCK!
This section (in particular the
Orange Widgets), has been developed and integrated thanks to the work done in MECODA and cos4cloud by the ICM. The initial implementation of widgets connecting to environmental data platforms was done by them, and we only contributed our widget to this fantastic project!
These tutorials will help you go through some basic data analysis tools we like, such as Orange:
- Configure Orange Data Analysis
- Smart Citizen Orange Widgets
- Create a simple workflow for data analysis in Orange
- Orange and geolocated data
- Averaging and derivating in Orange
If you want to use some existing workflows, you can visit the Orange Workflows Repository https://github.com/fablabbcn/smartcitizen-docs/tree/master/docs/assets/ows
These tutorials will help you using processing to get data from a Smart Citizen Kit, either by serial or using the API.
- Configure Processing to read by serial and example with flocking
- Example of calling Smart Citizen API with Processing explained
If you want to use some existing sketches for processing, you can visit the Processing Sketches Repository https://github.com/fablabbcn/smartcitizen-docs/blob/master/docs/assets/pde/
You can find previous references here
Image credit: DOIT
- DOIT Toolkit - Measuring our environment (EN)- Future Learning Unit at Fablab Barcelona
- DOIT Toolkit - Midiendo nuestro entorno (ES)- Future Learning Unit at Fablab Barcelona
- AULAMAR - Técnicas de Muestreo de agua (ES)
This is a compilation of friend projects in education, or other that we admire in general.
- Smart Citizen User Guide Bibliolab Science and Healthy City
- A Citizen's Guide To Understanding and Monitoring Lakes and Streams
- Air quality vs motorway traffic
Image credit: DOIT